View : 441 Download: 0
Center of pressure measurement to evaluate fall risk in the elderly
- Center of pressure measurement to evaluate fall risk in the elderly
- Hong C.M.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Embedded and Real-Time Communication Systems
- International Journal of Embedded and Real-Time Communication Systems vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 108 - 116
- Balance; Center of Pressure; Elderly; Falling; Risk
- IGI Global
- Document Type
- The aim of this article was to develop a center of pressure (COP) measurement device and application to evaluate the fall risk among the elderly. The approach was designed to measure changes in COP in a standing position to assess balance, an important risk factor in falling. The developed approach consisted of both hardware and software; the hardware's function was to measure the sway in COP while the software controlled the device, displayed the results, and stored the data. Data was transmitted from device to tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth. This approach to COP measurement was configured as a dedicated application, making it easier for the elderly to measure their own COP for evaluating balance and fall risks using the measurement data. In conclusion, this device is easy and convenient for the elderly to use in their daily life and could help with fall management and prevention. © 2019, IGI Global.
- Appears in Collections:
- 임상보건융합대학원 > 임상약학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.