View : 222 Download: 0
Evaluation of prognosis related to compliance with supportive periodontal treatment in patients with chronic periodontitis: A clinical retrospective study
- Evaluation of prognosis related to compliance with supportive periodontal treatment in patients with chronic periodontitis: A clinical retrospective study
- Lee J.-B.; Shin H.-J.; Kim D.-Y.; Pang E.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 방은경; 이종빈
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Periodontal and Implant Science
- Journal of Periodontal and Implant Science vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 76 - 89
- Chronic periodontitis; Patient compliance; Periodontal treatment; Prognosis
- Korean Academy of Periodontology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the prognostic effect of patient compliance with supportive periodontal treatment (PC-SPT). Chronic periodontitis patients were classified based on their compliance level, and factors affecting PC-SPT and the prognosis of PC-SPT were investigated. Methods: This study selected 206 patients who started SPT after receiving periodontal treatment between 2010 and 2012. Patients who continued SPT through February 2016 were included. The patients were classified according to whether they exhibited complete compliance (100% of visits), excellent compliance (≥70% of visits), incomplete compliance (< 70% of visits), or non-compliance (only 2 visits). Patient characteristics that could affect PC-SPT, such as age, sex, distance of the clinic from their residence, implantation, and periodontal treatment, were investigated. The number of newly decayed and extracted teeth, alveolar bone level changes around the teeth and implants, and implant removal were examined to evaluate the prognosis of PC-SPT. Results: Sex and the presence of an implant significantly affected PC-SPT. Additionally, the number of newly decayed and extracted teeth and changes in alveolar bone levels around the teeth and implants were significant prognostic factors related to PC-SPT. Conclusions: PC-SPT in chronic periodontitis patients will help maintain periodontal health and prevent further periodontal disease. © 2019. Korean Academy of Periodontology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.