View : 362 Download: 0
Efficient and simultaneous cleaner production of biodiesel and glycerol carbonate in solvent-free system via statistical optimization
- Efficient and simultaneous cleaner production of biodiesel and glycerol carbonate in solvent-free system via statistical optimization
- Lee, Youngrak; Kim, Sung Bong; Lee, Taek; Jang, Min; Shin, Ashley; Park, Si Jae; Kim, Jung Rae; Choi, Yoon-E; Na, Jeong-Geol; Park, Chulhwan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION
- JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION vol. 218, pp. 985 - 992
- Biodiesel; Glycerol carbonate; Glycerol; Solvent-free process; Enzyme reaction; Optimization
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- A solvent-free co-production process for biodiesel and glycerol carbonate (GC) was developed based on enzyme (Novozyme 435). Glycerol obtained from transesterification reactions could be directly converted to GC. The reactions were optimized using the response surface methodology (RSM) separately. The optimal factors, which are enzyme loading, molar ratio of dimethyl carbonate to soybean oil, water content, and reaction temperature, were derived from the response optimizer. The results of optimization for biodiesel and GC production were re-analyzed by overlapping the contour plots of the factors. The following were the optima obtained: enzyme loading of 25 g/L, molar ratio of 15:1, water content of 0.082% (v/v), and reaction temperature of 59.65 degrees C. When the co-production of biodiesel and GC was conducted using the optima, biodiesel and GC production were achieved with conversions of 97.6% and 95.5%, respectively. (C) 2019 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.