View : 173 Download: 0
DNA-Grafted Poly(acrylic acid) for One-Step DNA Functionalization of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
- DNA-Grafted Poly(acrylic acid) for One-Step DNA Functionalization of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
- Hu, Xiaole; Kim, Chan-Jin; Albert, Shine K.; Park, So-Jung
- Ewha Authors
- 박소정; 김찬진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박소정; 김찬진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- LANGMUIR vol. 34, no. 47, pp. 14342 - 14346
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Here, we report one-step DNA functionalization of hydrophobic iron oxide nanoparticles (IONPs) using DNA-grafted poly(acrylic acid) (PAA-g-DNA). PAA-g-DNA was synthesized by coupling PAA to amine-modified oligonucleotides via solid-phase amide chemistry, which yielded PAA grafted with multiple DNA strands with high graft efficiencies. Synthesized PAA-g-DNA was utilized as a phase-transfer and DNA functionalization agent for hydrophobic IONPs, taking advantage of unreacted carboxylic acid groups. The resulting DNA-modified IONPs were well dispersed in aqueous solutions and possessed DNA binding properties characteristic of polyvalent DNA nanostructures, showing that this approach provides a simple one-step method for DNA functionalization of hydrophobic IONPs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.