View : 293 Download: 0
A Study on Possibility of Clinical Application for Color Measurements of Shade Guides Using an Intraoral Digital Scanner
- A Study on Possibility of Clinical Application for Color Measurements of Shade Guides Using an Intraoral Digital Scanner
- Yoon, Hyung-In; Bae, Ji-Won; Park, Ji-Man; Chun, Youn-Sic; Kim, Mi-Ae; Kim, Minji
- Ewha Authors
- 전윤식; 김민지; 윤형인
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 전윤식; 김민지; 윤형인
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PROSTHODONTICS-IMPLANT ESTHETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE DENTISTRY
- JOURNAL OF PROSTHODONTICS-IMPLANT ESTHETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE DENTISTRY vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 670 - 675
- Digital intraoral scanner; colorimeter; shade selection; color measurement
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- PurposeTo assess if color measurement with intraoral scanner correlates with digital colorimeter and to evaluate the possibility of application of a digital scanner for shade selection. Materials and MethodsThe L*a*b* values of the five shade tabs (A1, A2, A3, A3.5, and A4) were obtained with an intraoral scanner (TRIOS Pod) and a colorimeter (ShadeEye). Both devices were calibrated according to the manufacturer's instructions before measurements. Color measurement values were compared with paired t-test, and a Pearson's correlation analysis was performed to evaluate the relationship of two methods. ResultsThe L*a*b* values of the colorimeter were significantly different from those of the digital scanner (p < 0.001). The L* and b* values of both methods were strongly correlated with each other (both p < 0.05). The device repeatability in both methods were reported to be excellent (p < 0.05). Within the limitations of this study, color measurements with digital intraoral scanners and computer-assisted image analysis were in accordance with those of the colorimeter with respect to L* and b* values; however, all the coordinates of shade tabs were significantly different between two methods. ConclusionsThe digital intraoral scanner may not be used as the primary method of color selection in clinical practices, considering significant differences in color parameters with colorimeter. The scanner's capability in shade selection should be further evaluated.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.