View : 233 Download: 0
One-pot synthesis of layered double hydroxide hollow nanospheres with ultrafast removal efficiency for heavy metal ions and organic contaminants
- One-pot synthesis of layered double hydroxide hollow nanospheres with ultrafast removal efficiency for heavy metal ions and organic contaminants
- Mubarak, Mahfuza; Jeon, Hyokyung; Islam, Md. Shahinul; Yoon, Cheolho; Bae, Jong-Seong; Hwang, Seong-Ju; Choi, Won San; Lee, Ha-Jin
- Ewha Authors
- 황성주; 이하진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 황성주; 이하진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CHEMOSPHERE vol. 201, pp. 676 - 686
- Layered double hydroxides; Nanosphere; Adsorption; Heavy metal ions; Catalyst
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Herein, Mg/Fe layered double hydroxide (MF-LDH) hollow nanospheres were successfully prepared by a one-step thermal method. After the thermal treatment of MF-LDH nanospheres at 400 degrees C, the MF-LDH was converted into the corresponding oxide, Mg/Fe layered double oxide (MF-LDO), which maintained the hollow nanosphere structure. The MF-LDO hollow nanospheres exhibited excellent adsorption efficiency for both As(V) and Cr(VI), showing 99% removal within 5 min and providing maximum removal capacities of 178.6 mg g(-1) [As(VI)] and 148.7 mg g(-1) [Cr(VI)]. Moreover, it met the maximum contaminant level requirements recommended by World Health Organization (WHO); 10 ppm for As(V) and 50 ppm for Cr(VI) in 10 and 20 min, respectively. Furthermore, Au nanoparticles were successfully introduced in the MF-LDO hollow nanospheres, and the products showed a conversion rate of 100% for the reduction of 4-nitrophenol into 4-aminophenol within 5 min. It is believed that these excellent and versatile abilities integrated with a facile synthetic strategy will facilitate the practical application of this material in cost-effective wastewater purification. (C) 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.