View : 328 Download: 0
Mesenchymal stem cell-driven activatable photosensitizers for precision photodynamic oncotherapy
- Mesenchymal stem cell-driven activatable photosensitizers for precision photodynamic oncotherapy
- Li, Xingshu; Kim, C-yoon; Shin, Jeong Min; Lee, Dayoung; Kim, Gyoungmi; Chung, Hyung-Min; Hong, Ki-Sung; Yoon, Juyoung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOMATERIALS vol. 187, pp. 18 - 26
- Photodynamic therapy; Mesenchymal stem cells; Tumor targeting; Activatable photosensitizer; Precision medicine
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Precise targeting with minimal side effects is of particular interest for personalized medicine, although it remains a challenge. Herein, we demonstrate precision photodynamic therapy (PDT) utilizing human mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) as cellular vehicles to deliver a new activatable photosensitizer (PcS). In vivo real-time optical imaging tests indicated that PcS-loaded MSCs possess excellent tumor-homing properties. More importantly, dye transfer assays confirm that MSCs precisely transfer PcS into human colon cancer cells (HCT116) via the "bystander effect." Upon localized light irradiation, the growth of intraperitoneal xenograft tumors was significantly inhibited by the photodynamic effect. These findings represent a promising strategy for precise oncotherapy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.