View : 266 Download: 0
Effect of SKI 306X, a New herbal anti-arthritic agent, in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a double-blind placebo controlled study
- Effect of SKI 306X, a New herbal anti-arthritic agent, in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a double-blind placebo controlled study
- Jung Y.B.; Roh K.-J.; Jung J.-A.; Jung K.; Yoo H.; Cho Y.-B.; Kwak W.-J.; Kim D.-K.; Kirn K.H.; Han C.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 노권재; 김대기
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 노권재; 김대기
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- American Journal of Chinese Medicine
- American Journal of Chinese Medicine vol. 29, no. 3-4, pp. 485 - 491
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- SKI 306X is a purified extract from a mixture of three oriental herbal medicines (Clematis mandshurica, Trichosanthes kirilowii and Pnmella vtilgaris) that have been widely used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases such as lymphadenitis and arthritis in far East Asia. A double-blind, controlled study was performed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of SKI 306X with placebo in 96 patients with classical osteoarthritis of the knee. Patients were randomized to four treatment groups: placebo, 200 mg, 400 mg and 600 mg of SKI 306X t.i.d.. Clinical efficacy and safety were evaluated for4 weeks continuous treatment. SKI 306X demonstrated its clinical efficacy, as assessed by 100 mm visual analogue scale (VAS), Lequesne index and patients' and investigators opinion of the therapeutic effect compared with placebo (p<0.01). No significant adverse events were observed in patients treated with SKI 306X. This study demonstrated that SKI 306X, a new herbal anti-arthritic agent provided clinical efficacy in patients with osteoarthritis. © 2001 Institute for Advanced Research in Asian Science and Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.