View : 261 Download: 0
Effect of α- and β-cyclodextrin on the electrochemistry of methylheptylviologen and dibenzylviologen
- Effect of α- and β-cyclodextrin on the electrochemistry of methylheptylviologen and dibenzylviologen
- Lee C.; Kim C.; Park J.W.
- Ewha Authors
- 박준우; 이종목
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박준우; 이종목
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry vol. 374, no. 1-2, pp. 115 - 121
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The electrochemistry of N-methyl-N′-heptyl-4,4′-bipyridinium (C 1C 7V 2+) and N,N′-dibenzyl-4, 4′-bipyridinium (BBV 2+) salts with α-cyclodextrin and β-cyclodextrin (CD) was studied. The cyclic voltammetric behavior of both viologens revealed a cyclodextrin-induced conproportionation reaction between the electrogenerated viologen neutral forms and viologen dications with β-CD, but not with the α form. Both α-CD and β-CD suppress dimerization of C 1C 7V 2+, whereas only β-CD is effective for disruption of the BBV .+ dimer. These results are interpreted in terms of the involvement of the bipyridine ring and benzyl group, depending on the oxidation state of viologen, in the inclusion complexation with β-CD, but not significantly with α-CD. © 1994.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.