View : 192 Download: 0
pH and Micellar Effects on the Quenching of Tris(2,2′-bipyridine)Ruthenium(II) Luminescence by 1-Alkyl-4,4′ -bipyridinium : Evidence of Deep Embedment of the Quencher Cations in Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Micelle
- pH and Micellar Effects on the Quenching of Tris(2,2′-bipyridine)Ruthenium(II) Luminescence by 1-Alkyl-4,4′ -bipyridinium : Evidence of Deep Embedment of the Quencher Cations in Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Micelle
- Park J.W.; Kim Y.N.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 185 - 189
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The effects of pH and sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) micelle on the quenching of Ru(bpy)32+ luminescnce by N-alkyl-4,4′-bipyridinium ions (RBPY+ : R=methyl, octyl, dodecyl, benzyl) were investigated. In the absence of SDS, the quenching rate at pH 2 is similar to that of the corresponding methylalkyl viologens and much greater than that in pH 8 solution due to greater reducibility of the protonated form of RBPY+ (HRBPY2+). The quenching rate at pH 2 is strongly enhanced by the presence of SDS, while that at basic pH is greatly retarded. These observations are explained by deep embedment of RBPY+ into the hydrophobic hydrocarbon region of the micelle, whereas Ru(bpy)32+ and HRBPY2+ locate in the Stern layer of the micelle.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.