View : 274 Download: 46
Impact of dropwindsonde data on Hurricane track forecasts
- Impact of dropwindsonde data on Hurricane track forecasts
- Park S.K.; Zhang D.-L.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society
- Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, pp. 6171 - 6174
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
Show the fulltext
- The potential impact of dropwindsonde observations on track forecasting of Hurricane Bonnie was investigated. The investigations was carried out in terms of data number and distribution around the storm center using the MM5 model and the observating-system simulation experiments (OSSE) approach. The increasing number of dropwindsonde observations around the storm center improved the track forecasting. The results indicate that appropriate number and distribution of dropwindsonde soundings around the storm center make necessary corrections in the wind fields at all levels for better track forecast.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Impact of dropwindsonde data.pdf(463.16 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.