View : 188 Download: 0
Surface curvature-based MR-PET image registration and hybrid hippocampus modeling
- Surface curvature-based MR-PET image registration and hybrid hippocampus modeling
- Choi Y.-J.; Kim M.-J.; Park J.-Y.; Yun H.-J.; Hong S.B.; Kim M.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 김명희; 박주영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Key Engineering Materials
- Key Engineering Materials vol. 277-279, no. I, pp. 212 - 218
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The correlations between the anatomical shape of brain subsystems and brain diseases have been widely researched in order to diagnose and prevent the diseases. In order to study the anatomical and the metabolic correlations, a correct image registration between the anatomical image and the metabolic image is required. In this study, we present a multi-modality image registration based on surface distance and curvature information. The proposed scheme enhances the stability and accuracy of registration results. In the first step, we extract the surface voxels and object-centered coordinate systems from reference and test volume data sets, respectively. In order to guarantee a stable registration result that is independent of the initial position or direction of the test object, two object-centered coordinate systems are overlapped before the fine registration process. In the fine registration step, we minimize the cost function to be defined by the surface distance and surface curvature difference between reference and test objects. The proposed cost function enhanced registration accuracy, which was verified through the registration error ratio and 2D/3D visual inspection of the registration results. Furthermore, we suggest a reconstruction of a hybrid hippocampus model that includes anatomical and functional information using a multi-modality image registration result.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.