View : 249 Download: 0
A case of neurotized nevus with sclerotic fibroma-like change
- A case of neurotized nevus with sclerotic fibroma-like change
- Jeon H.J.; Kim S.H.; Whang K.K.; Hahm J.H.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Dermatology
- Korean Journal of Dermatology vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1074 - 1077
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- We report a case of neurotized nevus with a sclerotic fibroma-like change in a 60-year-old female patient, who presented with a brown colored pedunculated nodule on the upper quadrant of the abdomen. The skin biopsy revealed a well-circumscribed, non-encapsulated nodule in the reticular dermis, which consisted of hypocellular hyalinized collagen bundles separated by clefts mixed with nevus cells. Nevus cells are small with a spindle appearance and contain Meissner corpuscle-like structures called nevic corpuscles. We suggest that a sclerotic fibroma-like change is an evolutionary end-point of a pre-existing lesion. This is supported further by the fact that neuroid change in the intradermal nevus represents the end stage of maturation of melanocytes of the nevi.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.