View : 399 Download: 0
Learning English Through Theme-Based Art Activities
- Learning English Through Theme-Based Art Activities
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Candice A. MacDonald
- Many textbooks used in Korea focus on English by emphasizing grammatical knowledge (Yuasa, 2010). As a result, students often feel discouraged to speak English due to the emphasis on grammatical correctness. According to Dr. Samuel McGrath (2001), the Ministry of Education pursued communicative English teaching instead of the traditional audio-lingual method in the early 1920s; however, the grammar approach is still prevalent in English textbooks in Korea.This textbook is designed to teach fifth and sixth grade EFL learners in a summer school program. Their English proficiency is at Level 3 - Developing to level 4 - Expanding according to WIDA proficiency scales. The purpose of this Textbook is to expose learners to the use of natural English through art activities. Moreover, students will feel less discouraged after being engaged in English and producing English communicatively and enjoyably.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임.
이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.