View : 294 Download: 0
Kinetic Study on Quinuclidinolysis of O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-Phenyl Thionocarbonates: Effects of Changing Nonleaving Group from Thionobenzoyl to Phenyloxythionocarbonyl on Reactivity and Transition-State Structure
- Kinetic Study on Quinuclidinolysis of O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-Phenyl Thionocarbonates: Effects of Changing Nonleaving Group from Thionobenzoyl to Phenyloxythionocarbonyl on Reactivity and Transition-State Structure
- Koh H.-J.; Um I.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1091 - 1096
- Brønsted-type plot; Concerted mechanism; O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-phenyl thionocarbonates; Quinuclidinolysis; Steric hindrance
- Wiley Blackwell
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Second-order rate constants (kquin) for reactions of O-3,4-dinitrophenyl O-phenyl thionocarbonate (2a) with a series of quinuclidine derivatives and for those of O-phenyl O-Y-substituted-phenyl thionocarbonates (2a–2h) with quinuclidine in 80 mol % H2O/20 mol % DMSO at 25.0 ± 0.1°C are reported. Comparison of the kquin values in this study with those reported previously for the corresponding reactions of O-3,4-dinitrophenyl thionobenzoate (1a) and O-Y-substituted-phenyl thionobenzoates (1a–1j) has revealed that 2a is more reactive than 1a toward all the quinuclidine derivatives studied, while the thionocarbonate esters possessing a weak electron-withdrawing group in the leaving group (e.g., 2g and 2h) are less reactive than the corresponding thionobenzoate esters (e.g., 1g and 1h) toward quinuclidine. The Brønsted-type plots for the reactions of 2a with quinuclidine derivatives and for those of 2a–2h with quinuclidine are linear with βnuc = 0.67 and βlg = −0.85, respectively, indicating that the reactions proceed through a concerted mechanism with a loose transition state (TS). This is in contrast to the report that the corresponding reactions of 1a–1j proceed through a forced concerted mechanism with a tight TS on the basis of the linear Brønsted-type plots with βnuc = 0.89 and βlg = −0.37. Factors that control the reactivity of these esters toward quinuclidine are discussed in detail. © 2017 Korean Chemical Society, Seoul & Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.