View : 320 Download: 0
Preparation of phytosteryl ester and simultaneous enrichment of stearidonic acid via lipase-catalyzed esterification
- Preparation of phytosteryl ester and simultaneous enrichment of stearidonic acid via lipase-catalyzed esterification
- Choi, Nakyung; Cho, Hyo Jung; Kim, Heejin; Kim, Yangha; Kim, Hak-Ryul; Kim, In-Hwan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PROCESS BIOCHEMISTRY
- PROCESS BIOCHEMISTRY vol. 61, pp. 88 - 94
- Ahiflower (TM) seed oil; Candida rugosa lipase; Esterification; Phytosterol; Phytosteryl ester; Stearidonic acid
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The simultaneous synthesis of a phytosteryl ester and enrichment of stearidonic acid (SDA) were performed via a one-step lipase-catalyzed esterification of fatty acids from Ahiflower (TM) seed oil with phytosterol. A commercial lipase (Lipase OF) from Candida rugosa was employed as a biocatalyst. Three solvents were screened and cyclohexane was selected as a suitable reaction medium. The effects of enzyme loading, temperature, and solvent amount were investigated. The conversion as well as the SDA content were significantly improved by adding molecular sieves after 1 h of reaction. The optimum conditions were the enzyme loading of 10% (based on the total substrate weight), the temperature of 30 degrees C, and the solvent amount of 4 mL (based on a substrate weight of 2 g), respectively. The maximum conversion and SDA content in the residual fatty acid were 81 mol% and 58 mol%, respectively, under the optimum conditions. The SDA content increased a 3.4-fold from 17 mol% in Ahiflower' seed oil to 58 mol%.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.