View : 597 Download: 0
Does diversity matter? exploring workforce diversity, diversity management, and organizational performance in social enterprises
- Does diversity matter? exploring workforce diversity, diversity management, and organizational performance in social enterprises
- Cho S.; Kim A.; Mor Barak M.E.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Asian Social Work and Policy Review
- Asian Social Work and Policy Review vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 193 - 204
- diversity; diversity management; organizational performance; qualitative research; social enterprise
- Blackwell Publishing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- This study explores the dynamics of workforce diversity, diversity management, and organizational performance in social enterprises. Semi-structured in-depth interviews were conducted with 14 individuals working in the social enterprise sector in Los Angeles, California, including both top management and regular employees. Data were analyzed using thematic analysis rooted in grounded theory. Overall, high levels of diversity in gender, race/ethnicity, education, and sexual orientation were identified in social enterprises, while low levels of age and value diversity were found. Workforce diversity and diversity management were reported to be crucial factors that positively influence organizational performance. Although interviewees considered diversity management to play an important role in promoting organizational performance, they were less likely to implement diversity management themselves. By providing important insights into workforce diversity, diversity management, and organizational performance in social enterprises, this study contributes to an understanding of the dynamics and provides suggestions for sustainability in social enterprises. © 2017 John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 사회복지학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.