View : 270 Download: 0
The prognosis of splinted restoration of the most-distal implants in the posterior region
- The prognosis of splinted restoration of the most-distal implants in the posterior region
- Lee, Jong-Bin; Kim, Man-Yong; Kim, Chang-Sung; Kim, Young-Taek
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ADVANCED PROSTHODONTICS
- JOURNAL OF ADVANCED PROSTHODONTICS vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 494 - 503
- Implant restoration; Splinted restoration; Posterior region; Complication rates; Functional loading period
- KOREAN ACAD PROSTHODONTICS
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- PURPOSE. The aim of this study was to compare the efficacies of two-implant splinting (2-IS) and single-implant restoration (1-IR) in the first and second molar regions over a mean functional loading period (FLP) of 40 months, and to propose the appropriate clinical considerations for the splinting technique. MATERIALS AND METHODS. The following clinical factors were examined in the 1-IR and 2-IS groups based on the total hospital records of the patients: sex, mean age, implant location, FLP, bone grafting, clinical crown implant ratio, crown height space, and horizontal distance. The mechanical complications [i.e., screw loosening (SL), screw fracture, crown fracture, and repeated SL1 and biological complications [i.e., peri-implant mucositis (PM) and peri-implantitis (PI)1 were also evaluated for each patient. In analysis of two groups, the chi-square test and Student's t-test were used to identify the relationship between clinical factors and complication rates. The optimal cutoff value for the FLP based on complications was evaluated using receiver operating characteristics analysis. RESULTS. In total, 234 patients with 408 implants that had been placed during 2005 - 2014 were investigated. The incident rates of SL (P<.001), PM (P=.002), and PI (P=.046) differed significantly between the 1-IR and 2-IS groups. The FLP was the only meaningful clinical factor for mechanical and biological complication rates in 2-IS. CONCLUSION. The mechanical complication rates were lower for 2-IS than for 1-IR, while the biological complication rates were higher for 2-IS. FLP of 39.80 and 46.57 months were the reference follow-up periods for preventing biological and mechanical complications, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.