View : 906 Download: 0
Business emails for Trading Companies
- Business emails for Trading Companies
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Business people in Korean trading companies require English that is specific to their field of work. English for Specific Purpose (ESP) is focused on professional work-related needs according to work or study roles rather than general English that is focused on personal needs or general interests (Basturkmen, 2010, p.3). This textbook is designed for the English for Business Purposes (EBP) writing class for new employees who will be assigned to the Sales & Marketing department in Korean trading companies. This class is part of the On the Job Training (OJT) program for the Sales & Marketing department for Korean trading companies, which deal with miscellaneous parts and equipment for industrial, science, and semiconductor fields. The OJT program will be held at the learners’ work place conducted by a qualified English teacher who has working experience in those fields. The OJT program consists of learning trade (import/ export/ local trading), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the department in Korean, and business English in accordance with the SOP.
The target learners are 10 Korean EFL learners between the ages of 25 and 30 of both genders who have various proficiency levels of English. Their average level is Low intermediate according to the ACTFL Guideline (2012). Once they are hired, the Sales and Marketing employees are required to use English to check shipping schedules, request payment invoices, confirm price policies, negotiate prices, handle complaints about defective products with their customers and venders. Therefore, they need to learn listening, reading, speaking, and writing in business English. Based on the learners’ need to understand and use English required in their specialized field, this textbook will be used for the writing class. It will help to improve their formal business writing skills in the field and support them in increasing their writing ability up to Upper intermediate level to accomplish their daily tasks in English. To enhance their communicative competence, specifically, business writing skills in that field, practical materials of this book will be based on the Genre-based approach for English for Specific Purposes (ESP) with the thematic syllabus applied to the actual on site work.
- ☞ 이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.