View : 337 Download: 0
Finite-element analysis of the center of resistance of the mandibular dentition
- Finite-element analysis of the center of resistance of the mandibular dentition
- Jo, A-Ra; Mo, Sung-Seo; Lee, Kee-Joon; Sung, Sang-Jin; Chun, Youn-Sic
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF ORTHODONTICS
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF ORTHODONTICS vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 21 - 30
- Finite-element model; Mandibular dentition; Center of resistance
- KOREAN ASSOC ORTHODONTISTS
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate the three-dimensional (3D) position of the center of resistance of 4 mandibular anterior teeth, 6 mandibular anterior teeth, and the complete mandibular dentition by using 3D finite-element analysis. Methods: Finite-element models included the complete mandibular dentition, periodontal ligament, and alveolar bone. The crowns of teeth in each group were fixed with buccal and lingual arch wires and lingual splint wires to minimize individual tooth movement and to evenly disperse the forces onto the teeth. Each group of teeth was subdivided into 0.5-mm intervals horizontally and vertically, and a force of 200 g was applied on each group. The center of resistance was defined as the point where the applied force induced parallel movement. Results: The center of resistance of the 4 mandibular anterior teeth group was 13.0 mm apical and 6.0 mm posterior, that of the 6 mandibular anterior teeth group was 13.5 mm apical and 8.5 mm posterior, and that of the complete mandibular dentition group was 13.5 mm apical and 25.0 mm posterior to the incisal edge of the mandibular central incisors. Conclusions: Finite-element analysis was useful in determining the 3D position of the center of resistance of the 4 mandibular anterior teeth group, 6 mandibular anterior teeth group, and complete mandibular dentition group.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.