View : 517 Download: 0
Analysis of the sacroiliac joint vacuum phenomenon in paediatric patients
- Analysis of the sacroiliac joint vacuum phenomenon in paediatric patients
- You, Sun-Kyoung; Lee, Hyo-Jin; Lee, Jeong-Eun; Kim, Jongchul; Lee, So-Mi; Cho, Hyun-Hae
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BRITISH JOURNAL OF RADIOLOGY
- BRITISH JOURNAL OF RADIOLOGY vol. 89, no. 1067
- BRITISH INST RADIOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Objective: To assess the incidence of the sacroiliac joint vacuum phenomenon (SIJ VP) in paediatric patients and the relationship between the presence of VP and clinical factors such as age, sex and body mass index (BMI). Methods: We retrospectively reviewed clinical data and imaging findings of 60 patients who underwent abdom-inopelvic CT (AP CT) between January and June 2015. Patients were divided into VP group and non-VP group based on the presence/absence of VP, and the groups were compared. In addition, other degenerative changes in the SIJ were recorded. Results: The SIJ VP was detected in 19 (31.6%) patients. There were no significant differences in sex distribution between VP and non-VP groups (p = 0.781). The age of the VP group was significantly higher than that of the non-VP group (p < 0.001). After adjusting the BMI for age, there was no significant association between high BMI and the presence of SIJ VP (p = 0.326). Other degenerative changes were not noted in any of the patients. Conclusion: The SIJ VP is not an uncommon finding in paediatric patients. The prevalence of SIJ VP in paediatric patients is similar to its prevalence in adults. The SIJ VP is related to patient age, but not to sex or BMI in children and young adolescents. Advances in knowledge: AP CT can provide information about the SIJ, if it is required to assess the SIJ in paediatric patients.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.