View : 380 Download: 0
Vision-related Quality of Life in Korean Glaucoma Patients
- Vision-related Quality of Life in Korean Glaucoma Patients
- Sung, Kyung Rim; Chun, Yeoun Sook; Park, Chan Kee; Kim, Hwang Ki; Yoo, Chungkwon; Kim, Yong Yeon; Park, Ki Ho; Kim, Chan Yun; Choi, Kyu-Ryong; Lee, Kyoo Won; Han, Seungbong; Kim, Chang-sik; Light Life Quality Glaucoma Patien
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF GLAUCOMA
- JOURNAL OF GLAUCOMA vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 159 - 165
- glaucoma; visual field; quality of life; NEI VFQ-25; Rasch score
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS &
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose of the Study: The purpose of the study was to evaluate vision-related quality of life in Korean glaucoma patients and to explore the associated factors. Methods: A total of 907 glaucoma patients were recruited from the prospectively designed LIGHT (Life quality of the glaucoma patient who underwent treatment) study organized by the Korean Glaucoma Society. Basic questionnaire that included items related to socioeconomic status, comorbidity, and lifestyle, and the validated Korean version of the 25-item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire (NEI VFQ-25) were collected. The Rasch score, a logit-based interval scale estimate to summarizing the NEI VFQ-25 responses, was calculated. The univariate and multi-variable regression models were used to evaluate associations between the Rasch score and variables. Results: The mean patient age was 58.1 +/- 14.1 years, visual field mean deviation (VF MD) of the better and worse eyes was -4.92 perpendicular to 6.14 and -9.77 perpendicular to 8.31 dB, binocular-integrated VF (IVF) MD was -3.55 perpendicular to 5.31 dB, respectively. The lower NEI VFQ-25 Rasch score showed a significant association with the presence of other ocular diseases (P = 0.020), a high school level of education or less [vs. university (P = 0.006), vs. graduate school or higher (P = 0.019)], an anxious personality [vs. a moderate personality (P < 0.001), vs. a relaxed personality (P < 0.001)], the number of glaucoma medications in use (P = 0.049), worse eye visual acuity (P < 0.001), and IVF MD (P < 0.001). Conclusions: Visual function parameters are important for the vision-related quality of life of Korean glaucoma patients, notably for worse eye visual acuity and IVF MD. However, social factors, self-assessed personality, and treatment-related issues are also substantial predictors of overall life quality.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.