View : 1072 Download: 0
The effect of intelligent product types on users' perception according to usage contexts
- The effect of intelligent product types on users' perception according to usage contexts
- Kang H.; Lee H.; Kim M.-G.; Kwak S.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications
- International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 81 - 92
- Behavior Assistance; Behavior Inducement; Intelligent Product; Perceived Intelligence; Product Evaluation; Product Usefulness; Purchase Intention
- Science and Engineering Research Support Society
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Intelligent product is a product which is intellectualized with robotic technology and can be designed as behavior assistance type or behavior inducement type. In order to investigate an effective design method for an intelligent product, we explored the effect of intelligent product types on user's perception according to usage contexts, which were either tedious and monotonous physical task or social consciousness related task. We executed two experiments to explore appropriate intelligent product types in each usage context. In the first study, we compared which type of intelligent products is suitable to the tedious and monotonous physical task. In the second study, we investigated a proper type of intelligent product in the usage context which is related to social consciousness. The results showed that in usage context related to tedious and monotonous physical task, the participants evaluated behavior assistance type is smarter, more useful and more positive, and also had stronger intention to purchase than behavior inducement type. By contrast, when the usage context of the intelligent product is related to social consciousness, the participants evaluated behavior assistance type is more useful and more positive, and also had stronger intention to purchase than behavior assistance type. These results suggested that for effective intelligent product design, designers need to consider intelligent product types along with usage context. © 2016 SERSC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 조형예술대학 > 산업디자인전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.