View : 301 Download: 0
Quality evaluation and pattern recognition analyses of bioactive marker compounds from Farfarae Flos using HPLC/PDA
- Quality evaluation and pattern recognition analyses of bioactive marker compounds from Farfarae Flos using HPLC/PDA
- Seo U.M.; Zhao B.T.; Kim W.I.; Seo E.K.; Lee J.H.; Min B.S.; Shin B.S.; Son J.K.; Woo M.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 546 - 553
- Farfarae Flos; HPLC; Pattern recognition; Quality control
- Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The flower bud of Tussilago farfara L., called Farfarae Flos, has traditionally been used in Oriental medicine for the treatment of bronchitis and asthma. To establish a standard for quality control as well as the reliable identification of Farfarae Flos, the contents of five standards, rutin (1), isoquercetin (2), 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid (3), tussilagone (4), and tussilagonone (5), were determined by quantitative high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)/photodiode array (PDA) analysis. The five standards were separated on a Young Jin Bio Chrom Aegispak C18-L (250-mm×4.6-mm, 5-μm) column by gradient elution using 0.03% trifluoroacetic acid in water (A), with acetonitrile (B) as the mobile phase. The flow rate was 1.0 mL/min, and the UV detector wavelength was set at 220 nm. The method was successfully used in the analysis of Farfarae Flos from different geographic origins with relatively simple conditions and procedures, and the results demonstrated satisfactory linearity, recovery, precision, accuracy, stability, and robustness. The HPLC analytical method for pattern recognition analysis was validated by repeated analysis of 62 Farfarae Flos samples. This result indicated that the established HPLC/PDA method is suitable for quantitation and pattern recognition analyses for the quality evaluation of Farfarae Flos. © 2015 The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.