View : 357 Download: 0
The relationships among health locus of control and resilience, social support and health promoting behavior in patients with newly diagnosed coronary artery diseases
- The relationships among health locus of control and resilience, social support and health promoting behavior in patients with newly diagnosed coronary artery diseases
- Shin N.; Kang Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Adult Nursing
- Korean Journal of Adult Nursing vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 294 - 303
- Coronary artery disease; Health promotion; Internal-external control; Psychological resilience; Social support
- Korean Society of Adult Nursing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The purpose of this study was to determine the relationships among health locus of control, resilience, social support, and health promoting behavior in patients with coronary artery diseases. Methods: This study utilized a descriptive correlational design using a survey method. The subjects were 165 coronary artery disease patients at the cardiology out-patient clinic of the C university hospital. Data were collected through Health Locus of ControlScale, Resilience Scale, ENRICHD Social Support Instrument, Health Promoting Lifestyle Profile scale. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient and hierarchial regression. Results: There were significant positive bivariate correlations of health promoting behavior with internal health locus of control, doctors health locus of control, resilience and social support respectively, and correlation between resilience and social support. Among predictors, internal health locus of control (ß=.28), social support (ß=.28) and resilience (ß=.25) had statistically significant influences on health promoting behavior. Conclusion: These results proposed that internal health locus of control, social support and resilience have important influences on health promoting behavior. Nursing interventions to enhance internal health locus of control, resilience and social support might be essential for patients with coronary artery disease in order to promote their health behaviors. © 2015 Korean Society of Adult Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.