View : 470 Download: 0
Multi-defense mechanism against DDoS in SDN based CDNi
- Multi-defense mechanism against DDoS in SDN based CDNi
- Nishat-I-Mowla; Doh I.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- 채기준; 도인실
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 채기준; 도인실
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 2014 8th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, IMIS 2014
- Proceedings - 2014 8th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, IMIS 2014, pp. 447 - 451
- ALTO; CDN; CDNi; MIB; SDN
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
Show the fulltext
- Lately enhancing the capability of network services automatically and dynamically through SDN and CDN/CDNi networks has become a recent topic of research. While, in one hand, these systems can be very beneficial to control and optimize the overall network services that studies the topology, traffic paths, packet handling and such others, on the other hand, the servers in such architectures can also be a potential target for DoS and/or DDoS attacks. We, therefore, propose a mechanism for the SDN based CDNi networks to securely deliver services with a multi-defense strategy against DDoS attacks. Addition of ALTO like servers in such architectures enables mapping a very big network to provide a bird's eye view. We propose an additional marking path map in the ALTO server to trace the request packets. The next defense is a protection switch to protect the main servers. A Management Information Base (MIB) is also proposed in the SDN controller to compare and assess the request traffic coming to the protection switches. © 2014 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.