View : 380 Download: 0
Reliability and validity of a Korean version of the leicester cough questionnaire
- Reliability and validity of a Korean version of the leicester cough questionnaire
- Kwon J.-W.; The Korean Academy of Asthma; Allergy and Clinical Immunology; Kim S.-H.; Song W.-J.; Kim M.-H.; Kang M.-G.; Lim K.-H.; Lee S.-H.; Lee S.M.; Lee J.Y.; Kwon H.-S.; Kim K.-M.; Jeong J.-W.; Kim C.-W.; Cho S.-H.; Lee B.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Research
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Research vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 230 - 233
- Chronic disease; Cough; Quality of life; Questionnaires
- Korean Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: There are no specific tools for measurement of the severity of chronic cough in Korea. We developed a Korean version of the Leicester Cough Questionnaire (LCQ) and tested its scaling and clinical properties. Methods: The LCQ was adapted for Korean conditions following a forward- backward translation procedure. All patients referred to chronic cough clinics at 5 university hospitals between May 2011 and October 2013 completed 2 questionnaires, the LCQ and the Short-Form 36 (SF-36), upon presentation and completed the LCQ and the Global Rating of Change (GRC) upon follow-up visits after 2 or 4 weeks. Concurrent validation, internal consistency, repeatability, and responsiveness were determined. Results: For the concurrent validation, the correlation coefficients (n=202 patients) between the LCQ and SF-36 varied between 0.42 and 0.58. The internal consistency of the LCQ (n=207) was high for each of the domains with a Cronbach's alpha coefficient of 0.82-0.94. The repeatability of the LCQ in patients with no change in cough (n=23) was high, with intra-class correlation coefficients of 0.66-0.81. Patients who reported an improvement in cough (n=30) on follow-up visits demonstrated significant improvement in each of the domains of the LCQ. Conclusions: The Korean version of the LCQ is a valid and reliable questionnaire for measurement of the severity of cough in patients with chronic cough. © The Korean Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.