View : 234 Download: 0
Guideline for capsule endoscopy: Obscure gastrointestinal bleeding
- Guideline for capsule endoscopy: Obscure gastrointestinal bleeding
- Shim K.-N.; Moon J.S.; Chang D.K.; Do J.H.; Kim J.H.; Min B.H.; Jeon S.R.; Kim J.-O.; Choi M.-G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Clinical Endoscopy
- Clinical Endoscopy vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 45 - 53
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Capsule endoscopy (CE) is considered as a noninvasive and reliable diagnostic tool of examining the entire small bowel. CE has been performed frequently at many medical centers in South Korea; however, there is no evidence-based CE guideline for adequate diagnostic approaches. To provide accurate information and suggest correct testing approaches for small bowel disease, the guideline on CE was developed by the Korean Gut Image Study Group, a part of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Operation teams for developing the guideline were organized into four areas: obscure gastrointestinal bleeding, small bowel preparation, Crohn's disease, and small bowel tumor. A total of 20 key questions were selected. In preparing this guideline, MEDLINE, Cochrane library, KMbase, KISS, and KoreaMed literature searches were performed. After writing a draft of the guideline, opinions from various experts were reflected before approving the final document. The guideline should be regarded as recommendations only to gastroenterologists in providing care to their patients. These are not absolute rules and should not be construed as establishing a legal standard of care. Although further revision may be necessary as new data appear, this guideline is expected to play a role for adequate diagnostic approaches of various small bowel diseases. © 2013 Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.