View : 495 Download: 0
A study on physical symptom, activity of daily living, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in the community-dwelling older adults
- A study on physical symptom, activity of daily living, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in the community-dwelling older adults
- Shin K.-R.; Byeon Y.S.; Kang Y.; Oak J.
- Ewha Authors
- 변영순; 신경림; 강윤희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 변영순; 신경림; 강윤희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing
- Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 437 - 444
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: This study aimed to identify the relationships among physical symptoms, activities of daily living, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in community-dwelling older adults. Methods: A stratified random sampling method was conducted to recruit participants from May 10 to August 17, 2007. Physical symptoms were measured using the Physical Health Questionnaire (PHQ), activities of daily living using the Late-Life Functional and Disability Instrument (LLFDI), and HRQoL using the Medical Outcomes Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36) in 242 community-dwelling elderly Korean people. Results: The HRQoL correlates with the physical symptoms (r=-.31) and the function component (r=.59). Of the two disability parts of the LLFDI, the limitation dimension correlates higher (r=.57) with HRQoL than the frequency dimension (r=.42). The HRQoL is significantly associated with the function component, and disability limitation in capability which explained 44.4% of variance in physical health. Conclusion: These results may contribute to a better understanding of physical symptoms, activities of daily living, and HRQoL in community-dwelling older adults. Therefore, health programs for prompting older adult's health should be planned based on results of the study.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.