View : 212 Download: 65
Risk factors for death during pulmonary tuberculosis treatment in Korea: a multicenter retrospective cohort study
- Risk factors for death during pulmonary tuberculosis treatment in Korea: a multicenter retrospective cohort study
- Kwon Y.-S.; Kim Y.H.; Song J.-U.; Jeon K.; Song J.; Ryu Y.J.; Choi J.C.; Kim H.C.; Koh W.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean medical science
- Journal of Korean medical science vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1226 - 1231
- Mortality, Korea; Therapeutics; Tuberculosis, Pulmonary
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The data regarding risk factors for death during tuberculosis (TB) treatment are inconsistent, and few studies examined this issue in Korea. The purpose of this study was to evaluate baseline prognostic factors for death during treatment of adult patients with pulmonary TB in Korea. A multicenter retrospective cohort study of 2,481 patients who received TB treatment at eight hospitals from January 2009 to December 2010 was performed. Successful treatment included cure (1,129, 45.5%) and treatment completion (1,204, 48.5%) in 2,333 patients (94.0%). Unsuccessful treatment included death (85, 3.4%) and treatment failure (63, 2.5%) occurred in 148 patients (6.0%). In multivariate analysis, male sex, anemia, dyspnea, chronic heart disease, malignancy, and intensive care unit (ICU) admission were significant risk factors for death during TB treatment. Therefore, male sex, anemia, dyspnea, chronic heart disease, malignancy, and ICU admission could be baseline prognostic factors for death during treatment of adult patients with pulmonary TB in Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.