View : 345 Download: 115
A new circuit model for spin-torque oscillator including perpendicular torque of magnetic tunnel junction
- A new circuit model for spin-torque oscillator including perpendicular torque of magnetic tunnel junction
- Lim H.; Ahn S.; Kim M.; Lee S.; Shin H.
- Ewha Authors
- 신형순; 이승준
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 신형순; 이승준
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
- Advances in Condensed Matter Physics vol. 2013
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Spin-torque oscillator (STO) is a promising new technology for the future RF oscillators, which is based on the spin-transfer torque (STT) effect in magnetic multilayered nanostructure. It is expected to provide a larger tunability, smaller size, lower power consumption, and higher level of integration than the semiconductor-based oscillators. In our previous work, a circuit-level model of the giant magnetoresistance (GMR) STO was proposed. In this paper, we present a physics-based circuit-level model of the magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ)-based STO. MTJ-STO model includes the effect of perpendicular torque that has been ignored in the GMR-STO model. The variations of three major characteristics, generation frequency, mean oscillation power, and generation linewidth of an MTJ-STO with respect to the amount of perpendicular torque, are investigated, and the results are applied to our model. The operation of the model was verified by HSPICE simulation, and the results show an excellent agreement with the experimental data. The results also prove that a full circuit-level simulation with MJT-STO devices can be made with our proposed model. © 2013 Hyein Lim et al.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.