View : 304 Download: 0
Analytic solution on the estimation of the ångstrom exponent in log-normal aerosol size distribution
- Analytic solution on the estimation of the ångstrom exponent in log-normal aerosol size distribution
- Jung C.H.; Kim Y.P.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Particulate Science and Technology
- Particulate Science and Technology vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 92 - 99
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- In this study, the Ångstrom exponent of the polydispersed aerosol size distribution was theoretically studied. The Ångstrom exponent was represented using a harmonic mean type analytic approximation. A log-normal aerosol size distribution was assumed and a sensitive analysis of the Ångstrom exponent was performed. The change in the Ångstrom exponent was estimated for a range of values of the real and imaginary parts of the refractive index. The result of the approximate analytic solution was comparable with that obtained by numerical integration, although there exists some discrepancy, especially for the intermediate range of particle sizes. Subsequently, this study quantitatively shows how the refractive index and particle size distribution are crucial in estimating the Ångstrom exponent, and that an analytic type approximation can be applied for the estimation of the Ångstrom exponent, especially for the limiting ranges of particle size (i.e., for the Rayleigh and geometric mean dominant size ranges). Copyright © 2013 Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.