View : 140 Download: 0
Raman scattering studies of spin-waves in hexagonal BaFe12O 19
- Raman scattering studies of spin-waves in hexagonal BaFe12O 19
- Hien N.T.M.; Han K.; Chen X.-B.; Sur J.C.; Yang I.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2020 - 2024
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We present the results of polarized Raman spectroscopy of hexagonal BaFe12O19 single crystal. The spectra, recorded from 200 to 800 cm-1 and 1100 to 1700 cm-1 in the 20-250 K temperature range, are analyzed on the basis of both crystal vibrations and spin-waves. In the low wavenumber range, the Γ-point phonons are observed. In the high wavenumber range, phonon mixings are observed; more interestingly, four modes of spin-waves are identified in hexagonal BaFe12O 19. Both have not been studied previously. Our analyses of the spin-waves provide an optical method for quantitatively estimating the spin exchange interactions in hexagonal BaFe12O19. The four strong exchange integrals are found to have the values of Jce = 1.31 meV, Jae = 1.36 meV, Jcd = 1.46 meV, and Jbd = 1.71 meV. Our results also indicate that at ~200 and ~80 K, there would be additional spin-ordering transitions in hexagonal BaFe12O 19. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.