View : 285 Download: 0
Association Between MMP-2 and TIMP-2 Gene Polymorphisms and Advanced-Stage Endometriosis in Korean Women
- Association Between MMP-2 and TIMP-2 Gene Polymorphisms and Advanced-Stage Endometriosis in Korean Women
- Cho Y.J.; Kim N.H.; Jeong K.-A.; Lee J.Y.; Moon H.-S.; Kim H.-L.; Chung H.W.
- Ewha Authors
- 김형래; 정혜원; 문혜성; 정경아
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김형래; 정혜원; 문혜성; 정경아
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- American Journal of Reproductive Immunology
- American Journal of Reproductive Immunology vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 73 - 84
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Problem: To characterize the genetic variation across the MMP-2 and TIMP-2 gene with the risk of advanced-stage endometriosis. Method of study: Ten single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and haplotype associations between MMP-2 (9082A>G, 9152A>G, 105330C>T, 14931T>C, 15918T>C, 18796G>A, 19033G>A, 19218A>G, 25190A>G, and 28542C>T) and TMIP-2 gene (42138327C>T, 42141169G>A, 42144611A>G, 42152781C>T, 42155855G>A, 42175617C>T, 42181597G>A, 42183387T>C, 42196041G>C, and 42196430T>C) were examined in 201 patients and 183 controls. Results: In MMP-2, G/A haplotype of 9082A>G and 9152A>G in intron 2 was associated with a reduced risk of endometriosis (OR 0.7, 95% CI 0.5-1.0, P = 0.04). In TIMP-2, the CC genotype of 42196430T>C and C/C haplotype of 42196041G>C/42196430T>C in the promoter region showed an increased risk of endometriosis (OR 3.0, 95% CI 1.2-8.0, P = 0.02; OR 1.6, 95% CI 1.1-2.4, P = 0.02), and the CC genotype of 42183387T>C and the C/G/C haplotype of 42175617C>T/42181597G>A/42183387T>C in intron 1 were associated with a reduced risk (OR 0.5, 95% CI 0.3-0.97, P = 0.04; OR 0.6, 95% CI 0.4-0.95, P = 0.03). Conclusion: The MMP-2 and TIMP-2 polymorphisms are associated with advanced-stage endometriosis. Especially, the risk of endometriosis was different according to the genetic position in the TIMP-2 gene. © 2012 John Wiley & Sons A/S.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.