View : 532 Download: 0
Anti-allergic activity of crystallinity controlled N-acetyl glucosamine
- Anti-allergic activity of crystallinity controlled N-acetyl glucosamine
- Jin S.-E.; Jung J.; Jun J.; Jeon D.-W.; Kim H.-M.; Jeong H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology
- Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 991 - 1000
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Context: Chitin is the polysaccharide and is found in insects, parasites and fungi. Chitin has shown various immunological effects in in vivo and in vitro models. In this study, crystallinity controlled N-acetyl glucosamine (CCG) which has a high solubility was prepared from the low molecular weight chitosan. However, the effect of CCG in an allergic response is not clear. Objective: To investigate the effect and regulatory mechanism of CCG on allergic responses. Methods: To demonstrate the effect of CCG, we induced systemic anaphylactic shock, ear swelling response, passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA), and inflammatory reaction. Results: CCG inhibited the compound 48/80-induced systemic anaphylactic shock and ear swelling responses. IgE-mediated PCA was inhibited by the oral administration or topical application of CCG. Histamine and β-hexosaminidase release from mast cells was decreased with the treatment of CCG. CCG also inhibited phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate and calcium ionophore A23187-induced interleukin-1β production and mRNA expression by suppressing NF-κB activation and IκBα phosphorylation. Furthermore, CCG suppressed the activation of caspase-1. Conclusion: These results suggest that CCG may have beneficial applicability as a candidate for an anti-allergic agent. © 2012 Informa Healthcare USA, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 의류산업학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.