View : 275 Download: 84
Prevalence of human papilloma virus infections and cervical cytological abnormalities among Korean women with systemic lupus erythematosus
- Prevalence of human papilloma virus infections and cervical cytological abnormalities among Korean women with systemic lupus erythematosus
- Lee Y.-H.; Choe J.-Y.; Park S.-H.; Park Y.-W.; Lee S.-S.; Kang Y.-M.; Nam E.-J.; Park W.; Kwon S.-R.; Bae S.-C.; Kim Y.-J.; Suh C.-H.; Kim H.-A.; Hur N.W.; Lee J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Medical Science
- Journal of Korean Medical Science vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1431 - 1437
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- We performed a multicenter cross-sectional study of 134 sexually active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients to investigate the prevalence of and risk factors for high risk human papilloma virus (HPV) infection and cervical cytological abnormalities among Korean women with SLE. In this multicenter cross-sectional study, HPV testing and routine cervical cytologic examination was performed. HPV was typed using a hybrid method or the polymerase chain reaction. Data on 4,595 healthy women were used for comparison. SLE patients had greater prevalence of high-risk HPV infection (24.6% vs. 7.9%, P<0.001, odds ratio 3.8, 95% confidence interval 2.5-5.7) and of abnormal cervical cytology (16.4 vs. 2.8%, P<0.001, OR 4.4, 95% CI 2.5-7.8) compared with controls. SLE itself was identified as independent risk factors for high risk HPV infection among Korean women (OR 3.8, 95% CI 2.5-5.7) along with ≥2 sexual partners (OR 8.5, 95% CI 1.2-61.6), and Pap smear abnormalities (OR 97.3, 95% CI 6.5-1,456.7). High-risk HPV infection and cervical cytological abnormalities were more common among Korean women with SLE than controls. SLE itself may be a risk factor for HPV infection among Korean women, suggesting the importance of close monitoring of HPV infections and abnormal Pap smears in SLE patients. © 2010 The Korean Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Prevalence of human papilloma virus infections and cervical cytological abnormalities among Korean women with systemic lupus erythematosus.pdf(387.25 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.