View : 274 Download: 0
Early experience of Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation and rectoanal repair (DG-HAL & RAR) for the treatment of symptomatic hemorrhoids
- Early experience of Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation and rectoanal repair (DG-HAL & RAR) for the treatment of symptomatic hemorrhoids
- Cho S.; Ryung-Ah Lee; Chung S.S.; Kim K.H.
- Ewha Authors
- 김광호; 이령아; 정순섭
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김광호; 이령아; 정순섭
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Surgical Society
- Journal of the Korean Surgical Society vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 23 - 28
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: This study is to introduce our preliminary experience of the Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation and Rectoanal repair (DG-HAL & RAR) as a new treatment for symptomatic or prolapsed hemorrhoids. Methods: A Doppler probe incorporated proctoscope was inserted under the lithotomy position and the location of the hemorrhoidal artery was identified. The identified artery was ligated as a 'figure of eight' method with an absorbable suture into the submucosa. Then the prolapsed hemorrhoidal pile was lifted at the rectal mucosa by continuous suture to 5 mm above the dentate line and tied. The procedure was repeated at the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 o'clock positions. We evaluated post-operative hospital stay, degree of pain, time to return to work, and recurrence. Results: The patient's mean age was 50.2±15 years old and the mean follow-up time was 415±75 days. The constitution of the type of internal hemorrhoids was as follows: Grade II: 13, Grade III: 16, and Grade IV: 5. The mean operation time was 35 minutes and post-operative hospital stay was 1.4 days. The mean time it took to return to work was 1.8 days. There were no severe pains requiring injection of analgesics or other severe complications. So far, 2 patients have had recurrence of symptoms. Conclusion: The DG-HAL & RAR is a safe and less painful procedure. The DG-HAL & RAR is an effective alternative for the treatment of symptomatic or prolapsed hemorrhoids.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.