View : 227 Download: 0
Metabolic engineering of Streptomyces venezuelae for malonyl-CoA biosynthesis to enhance heterologous production of polyketides
- Metabolic engineering of Streptomyces venezuelae for malonyl-CoA biosynthesis to enhance heterologous production of polyketides
- Maharjan S.; Park J.W.; Yoon Y.J.; Lee H.C.; Sohng J.K.
- Ewha Authors
- 윤여준; 박제원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biotechnology Letters
- Biotechnology Letters vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 277 - 282
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Using metabolic engineering, we developed Streptomyces venezuelae YJ028 as an efficient heterologous host to increase the malonyl-CoA pool to be directed towards enhanced production of various polyketides. To probe the applicability of newly developed hosts in the heterologous production of polyketides, we expressed type III polyketide synthase, 1,3,6,8-tetrahydroxynaphthalene synthase, in these hosts. Flaviolin production was doubled by expression of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACCase) and 4-fold by combined expression of ACCase, metK1-sp and afsR-sp. Thus, the newly developed Streptomyces venezuelae YJ028 hosts produce heterologous polyketides more efficiently than the parent strain. © 2009 Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.