View : 225 Download: 0
Reverse thermal gelation of PAF-PLX-PAF block copolymer aqueous solution
- Reverse thermal gelation of PAF-PLX-PAF block copolymer aqueous solution
- Kim E.H.; Joo M.K.; Bahk K.H.; Park M.H.; Chi B.; Lee Y.M.; Jeong B.
- Ewha Authors
- 정병문; 이영미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정병문; 이영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biomacromolecules vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 2476 - 2481
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The aqueous solution of poly(L-Ala-co-L-Phe)-poly(propylene glycol)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(propylene glycol)-poly(L-Ala-co-L-Phe) block copolymers (PAF-PLX-PAF) in a concentration range of 6.0-10.0 wt % underwent sol-to-gel transition as the temperature increased from 10 to 50 ° C. Circular dichroism spectra, hydrophobic dye solubilization, dynamic light scattering, and transmission electron microscopy image of the polymer suggest that the polymers form micelles in water, where the hydrophilic (PLX) blocks form a shell and the hydrophobic (PAF) blocks form a core of the micelle. Circular dichroism, FTIR, and 13C NMR spectra suggest that sol-to-gel transition accompanies partial strengthening of the β-sheet structure of PAF and a decrease in molecular motion of the PLX. The sol-to-gel transition temperature could be controlled by varying the molecular weight of PAF and PLX blocks, the ratio of Ala to Phe, and the corresponding secondary structure of the polypeptide. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.