View : 202 Download: 0
Simultaneous quantitation and validation of method for the quality evaluation of Eucommiae cortex by HPLC/UV
- Simultaneous quantitation and validation of method for the quality evaluation of Eucommiae cortex by HPLC/UV
- Zhao, Bing Tian; Jeong, Su Yang; Kim, Tae In; Seo, Eun Kyoung; Min, Byung Sun; Son, Jong Keun; Woo, Mi Hee
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 2183 - 2192
- Eucommiae cortex; HPLC; Pattern recognition; Quality control
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- A new HPLC/UV method has been developed for the simultaneous quantitative determination of four major components in Eucommiae cortex, namely geniposidic acid (1), geniposide (2), pinoresinol di-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (3), and liriodendrin (4). Simultaneous separations of these four components were achieved on a J'sphere ODS C-18 column (250 x 4.6 mm, 4 A mu m). The elution was done using water with 0.1 % phosphoric acid (A) and acetonitrile with 0.1 % phosphoric acid (B) in a two-step elution of the mobile phase at a flow rate of 1.0 mL/min and a wavelength of 230 nm. The method was validated for linearity, recovery, precision, accuracy, stability and robustness. All calibration curves showed good linear regression (r (2) > 0.999) within the test ranges. This method showed good recovery and reproducibility for the quantification of these four components in 85 species of Eucommiae cortex. The intra-day and inter-day precisions were lower than 0.53 % (as a relative standard deviation, RSD) and accuracies between 93.00 and 106.28 % for all standards. The results indicate that the established HPLC/UV method is suitable for quantitation and quality evaluation of Eucommiae cortex.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.