View : 419 Download: 0
Measurement of the quenching and channeling effects in a CsI crystal used for a WIMP search
- Measurement of the quenching and channeling effects in a CsI crystal used for a WIMP search
- Lee, J. H.; Kim, G. B.; Seong, I. S.; Kim, B. H.; Kim, J. H.; Li, J.; Park, J. W.; Lee, J. K.; Kim, K. W.; Bhang, H.; Kim, S. C.; Choi, Seonho; Choi, J. H.; Joo, H. W.; Lee, S. J.; Olsen, S. L.; Myung, S. S.; Kim, S. K.; Kim, Y. D.; Kang, W. G.; So, J. H.; Kim, H. J.; Lee, H. S.; Hahn, I. S.; Leonard, D. S.; Li, Y. J.; Yue, Q.; Li, X. R.
- Ewha Authors
- 한인식; 이현수
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 한인식; 이현수
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NUCLEAR INSTRUMENTS & METHODS IN PHYSICS RESEARCH SECTION A-ACCELERATORS SPECTROMETERS DETECTORS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT
- NUCLEAR INSTRUMENTS & METHODS IN PHYSICS RESEARCH SECTION A-ACCELERATORS SPECTROMETERS DETECTORS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT vol. 782, pp. 133 - 142
- Quenching factor; Channeling effect; CsI(TI); GEANT4; MARLOWE; Modified Birks' formula
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We have studied channeling effects in a cesium iodide (CsI) crystal that is similar in composition to the ones being used in a search for Weakly Interacting Massive Particles (WIMPs) dark matter candidates, and measured its energy-dependent quenching factor, the relative scintillation yield for electron and nuclear recoils. The experimental results are reproduced with a GEANT4 simulation that includes a model of the scintillation efficiency as a function of electronic stopping power. We present the measured and simulated quenching factors and the estimated effects of channeling. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)