View : 349 Download: 0
Excimers Beyond Pyrene: A Far-Red Optical Proximity Reporter and its Application to the Label-Free Detection of DNA
- Excimers Beyond Pyrene: A Far-Red Optical Proximity Reporter and its Application to the Label-Free Detection of DNA
- Han, Garam; Kim, Dongwook; Park, Younbong; Bouffard, Jean; Kim, Youngmi
- Ewha Authors
- Jean Bouffard
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Jean Bouffard
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION vol. 54, no. 13, pp. 3912 - 3916
- aggregation; chromophores; DNA detection; excimers; fluorescence
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A family of organic chromophores that, like pyrene, forms emissive excimers is reported. Their chemical and photophysical properties are superior to pyrene for the design of chemo- and biosensors. Unlike hydrophobic pyrene, which requires excitation by cell-damaging UV irradiation, these polar dyes absorb strongly in the visible range, and their excimers emit brightly in the red to far-red region of the electromagnetic spectrum. The intensity of the emission signal is greatly increased upon formation of a preassociated dimer that is triggered upon aggregation or crystallization. In demonstration of the potential of this new family of excimer-forming dyes, a probe that is capable of detecting label-free DNA in water down to 10 pm and also doubles as a visualization agent for DNA in gel electrophoresis is reported.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.