View : 331 Download: 0
The Microstructure of Pbte-Bi2Te3 Alloys and Their Thermoelectric Properties
- The Microstructure of Pbte-Bi2Te3 Alloys and Their Thermoelectric Properties
- Kim, HeeJin; Park, Ji-eun; Han, Mi-Kyung; Kim, Sung-Jin; Lee, Wooyoung
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 한미경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 한미경
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CHINESE JOURNAL OF PHYSICS
- CHINESE JOURNAL OF PHYSICS vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 239 - 250
- PHYSICAL SOC REPUBLIC CHINA
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The (PbTe)(x)-(Bi2Te3)(100-x) alloy (x = 0, 3, 5, 7) samples were prepared by adding PbTe nanoparticles into a bulk Bi2Te3 matrix using typical solid state synthetic reactions. PbTe-Bi2Te3 alloy samples were studied by powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD), selected area electron diffraction (SAED), convergent beam electron diffraction (CBED), and energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS). The results of the microstructural analysis showed that the PbTe-Bi2Te3 system contains three types of phase, a Bi2Te3 phase, a PbxBi2-xTe3 solid solution, and a PbBi2Te4 phase depending on the PbTe concentration. The PbxBi2-xTe3 solid solution in the Bi2Te3 matrix scatters not in electrons but phonons, thereby reducing the thermal conductivity. On the other hands, the PbBi2Te4 phase in the Bi2Te3 matrix scatters not only phonons but also electrons. As a result, the maximum values of 0.6 were obtained for the dimensionless figure of merit ZT for the (PbTe)(3)-(Bi2Te3)(97) alloy at room temperature values of 0.6 are obtained for the (PbTe)(3)-(Bi2Te3)(97) alloy at room temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.