View : 358 Download: 0
Intercalation of bulky Delta,Delta- and Lambda,Lambda-bis-Ru(II) complex between DNA base pairs
- Intercalation of bulky Delta,Delta- and Lambda,Lambda-bis-Ru(II) complex between DNA base pairs
- Jang, Yoon Jung; Kwon, Byung-Hyang; Choi, Byung-Hoon; Bae, Chang Hwan; Seo, Mi Sook; Nam, Wonwoo; Kim, Seog K.
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 서미숙
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF INORGANIC BIOCHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF INORGANIC BIOCHEMISTRY vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 1885 - 1891
- Ru(II) complex; intercalation; DNA; circular dichroism; linear dichroism; metal complex
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Interaction of Delta,Delta- and Lambda,Lambda-bis-Ru(II) complexes with native DNA was investigated by isotropic absorption and polarized spectroscopy including circular and linear dichroism (CD and LD). Despite the steric hindrance originating from its four bulky phenanthroline ligands at both ends of the molecule, this molecule rapidly intercalates between DNA base pairs. Intercalation was judged by large hypochromism and red shift in the UV-visible absorption spectra in the absorption region of the bridging moiety as well as in the metal-to-ligand-charge transfer absorption region. Further support for the intercalation is found in the fact that the magnitude of negative reduced LD signal in the absorption region of the bridging moiety was comparable to that of the DNA absorption region, indicating that the bridge connecting the two Ru(II) complexes is nearly parallel to the DNA base planes. No difference in the binding mode between the two enantiomers was observed. in the presence of either bis-Ru(II) complex, ethidium bromide, a classical intercalator, can intercalate into the empty sites but was not able to replace the Ru(II) complexes. Near the saturation, ground state interaction between ethidium and bis-Ru(II) complex was evident by LD. (c) 2008 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.