View : 260 Download: 0
Effect of size of PLGA microsphere on proliferation and phenotype for human intervertebral disc cells
- Effect of size of PLGA microsphere on proliferation and phenotype for human intervertebral disc cells
- So, Jeong Won; Kim, Soon Hee; Baek, Mi Ock; Lim, Ji Ye; Roh, Hye Won; Lee, Na Ri; Kim, Moon Suk; Ryu, Gyu Ha; Cho, Yang-Ha; Lee, Seung Jin; Min, Byoung Hyun; Khang, Gilson; Lee, Hai Bang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
- TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 577 - 582
- PLGA; microsphere; intervertebral disc; proliferation
- KOREAN TISSUE ENGINEERING REGENERATIVE MEDICINE SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The PLGA microspheres can create an environment conductive to promising candidate as an injectable system for tissue engineered intervertebral disc(IVD). The final goal of this study was to investigate the condition of PLGA microspheres as microcarriers for IVD cells. We prepared PLGA microspheres using oil-in-water(O/W) solvent evaporation method and investigated the size variation of the microspheres(180 similar to 425 mu m). Human disc cells were. used in a prospective study of attachment, proliferation, and gene expression within various size of PLGA microspheres. Mophology of cell attached on the microspheres was studied using scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Cellular behavior in response to various size of PLGA microspheres was analyzed using MTT assay and reverse transcriptase - polymerase chain reaction(RT-PCR). SEM showed that cells could be bridge between microspheres with elongated shapes. MTT assay revealed that the cells Could be attach, proliferate and spread on PLGA microspheres, in particular on the ones having size below 250 mu m. In RT-PCR results, we observed strongly specific gene expression of type collagen at more 250 pin microsphere. In conclusion, this result will be used to injectable system for disc regeneration.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.