View : 221 Download: 0
The O-14(alpha,p)F-17 reaction rate
- The O-14(alpha,p)F-17 reaction rate
- Blackmon, JC; Bardayan, DW; Bradfield-Smith, W; Brummitt, R; Champagne, AE; Chen, AA; Davinson, T; Dessieux, L; Guidry, MW; Hahn, KI; Hale, GM; Hix, WR; Kozub, RL; Ma, Z; Parker, PD; Rajbaidya, G; Runkle, RC; Rowland, CM; Shotter, AC; Smith, MS; Van Wormer, LA; Visser, DW; Woods, PJ
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS A
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS A vol. 718, pp. 127C - 130C
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The O-14(alpha,p)F-17 reaction is an important part of the hot CNO cycle. We have measured cross sections for the F-17(pp)F-17(gs), F-17(p,p(1))F-17(495)*, and F-17(p,alpha)O-14 reactions in inverse kinematics using radioactive F-17 beams from the Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam Facility. The properties of states in Ne-18, including those important for the O-14(alpha,p)F-17 reaction rate, were determined from an R-matrix analysis of the measured cross sections. An improved O-14(alpha,p)F-17 reaction rate has been determined. The hot CNO cycle of reactions is important in explosive astrophysical environments such as novae and X-ray bursts. In this cycle, proton captures by C-12 and N-13 in succession lead to the production of O-14. Destruction of O-14 occurs by O-14(beta(+))N-14 and by the O-14 (alpha,p)F-17 reaction. The slow rate of this reaction can limit energy generation and result in substantial abundances of the O-14 isotope in novae  and X-ray bursts .
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.