View : 396 Download: 0
Building Communicative Language Skills for Korean Middle School Students
- Building Communicative Language Skills for Korean Middle School Students
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Candice A. MacDonald
- English language courses in Korean middle schools place great emphasis on developing the ability to achieve on the Korean Scholastic Aptitude Test (KSAT). This standardized test is designed to assess reading and listening comprehension as well as grammar knowledge. Accoring to Choi(2008, p.41), the KSAT does not include speaking and writing components, thus leading to very little, if any, teaching of speaking and writing in middle schools. With an influx, however, of English speaking foreigners in Korea, and more students travelling and studying abroad, speaking ability is increasingly becoming more important. This Textbook, therefore, aims to encourage middle school students to practice all 4 skills in meaningful and communicative ways. In order to motivate these studnets who have been hesitant to produce English, this Textbook takes a Cross-cultural approach. Instead of pure focus on test taking skills, students will read and listen to texts to compare and contrast various aspects of Korean culture such as greetings, travel etiquette, and food with those of English speaking countries around the world. These texts will then be used as input to facilitate speaking activities are kept uncomplicated and are intergrated opportunistically to either support speaking or to practice writing a genre that corresponds to a selected cultural topic.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임;☞ 이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.