View : 81 Download: 0
Comparison of the diagnostic ability of endoscopic ultrasonography and abdominopelvic computed tomography in the diagnosis of gastric subepithelial tumors
- Comparison of the diagnostic ability of endoscopic ultrasonography and abdominopelvic computed tomography in the diagnosis of gastric subepithelial tumors
- Kim S.Y.; Shim K.-N.; Lee J.-H.; Lim J.Y.; Kim T.O.; Choe A.R.; Tae C.H.; Jung H.-K.; Moon C.M.; Kim S.-E.; Jung S.-A.
- Ewha Authors
- 이주호; 정성애; 정혜경; 심기남; 김성은; 문창모; 임지영; 태정현; 최아름
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정성애; 정혜경; 심기남; 김성은; 문창모
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Clinical Endoscopy
- Clinical Endoscopy vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 565 - 573
- Abdominopelvic computed tomography; Diagnosis; Endoscopic ultrasonography; Subepithelial tumor
- Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Background/Aims: Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) is the most efficient imaging modality for gastric subepithelial tumors (SETs). However, abdominopelvic computed tomography (APCT) has other advantages in evaluating the characteristics, local extension, or invasion of SETs to adjacent organs. This study aimed to compare the diagnostic ability of EUS and APCT based on surgical histopathology results. Methods: We retrospectively reviewed data from 53 patients who underwent both EUS and APCT before laparoscopic wedge resection for gastric SETs from January 2010 to December 2017 at a single institution. On the basis of histopathology results, we assessed the diagnostic ability of the 2 tests. Results: The overall accuracy of EUS and APCT was 64.2% and 50.9%, respectively. In particular, the accuracy of EUS vs. APCT for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs), leiomyomas, and ectopic pancreas was 83.9% vs. 74.2%, 37.5% vs. 0.0%, and 57.1% vs. 14.3%, respectively. Most of the incorrect diagnoses with EUS involved hypoechoic lesions originating in the fourth echolayer, with the most common misdiagnosed lesions being GISTs mistaken for leiomyomas and vice versa. Conclusions: APCT showed a lower overall accuracy than EUS; however, APCT remains a useful modality for malignant/potentially malignant gastric SETs. © 2019, Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.