View : 56 Download: 0
Structure and Unprecedented Reactivity of a Mononuclear Nonheme Cobalt(III) Iodosylbenzene Complex
- Structure and Unprecedented Reactivity of a Mononuclear Nonheme Cobalt(III) Iodosylbenzene Complex
- Yang J.; Seo M.S.; Kim K.H.; Lee Y.-M.; Fukuzumi S.; Shearer J.; Nam W.
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 서미숙
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 서미숙
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition vol. 59, no. 32, pp. 13581 - 13585
- aldehyde deformylation reaction; amphoteric reactivity; cobalt(III) complexes; iodosylbenzene adducts; nonheme complexes
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A mononuclear nonheme cobalt(III) iodosylbenzene complex, [CoIII(TQA)(OIPh)(OH)]2+ (1), is synthesized and characterized structurally and spectroscopically. While 1 is a sluggish oxidant in oxidation reactions, it becomes a competent oxidant in oxygen atom transfer reactions, such as olefin epoxidation, in the presence of a small amount of proton. More interestingly, 1 shows a nucleophilic reactivity in aldehyde deformylation reaction, demonstrating that 1 has an amphoteric reactivity. Another interesting observation is that 1 can be used as an oxygen atom donor in the generation of high-valent metal-oxo complexes. To our knowledge, we present the first crystal structure of a CoIII iodosylbenzene complex and the unprecedented reactivity of metal-iodosylarene adduct. © 2020 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.