View : 63 Download: 0
Zirconium-Salan Catalyzed Enantioselective alpha-Hydroxylation of beta-Keto Esters
- Zirconium-Salan Catalyzed Enantioselective alpha-Hydroxylation of beta-Keto Esters
- Chen, Jie; Gu, Haiyang; Zhu, Xueying; Nam, Wonwoo; Wang, Bin
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ADVANCED SYNTHESIS & CATALYSIS
- ADVANCED SYNTHESIS & CATALYSIS vol. 362, no. 14, pp. 2976 - 2983
- Asymmetric catalysis; Hydroxylation; Indoxacarb; Oxidation; Zirconium
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We report herein the development of enantioselective and scalable alpha-hydroxylation of 1-indanone-derived beta-keto esters by Zr(IV) complexes bearing readily availableC(2)-symmetric salan ligands and cumene hydroperoxide as an oxidant, affording synthetically valuable hydroxylation products in high yields (up to 99%) with excellent enantioselectivities (up to 99% ee) under mild reaction conditions. In mechanistic studies, we have shown that (1) a Zr(IV)-salan complex was generated in situ as the active catalyst responsible for the chiral induction, (2) the transfer of the electrophilic fragment from cumene hydroperoxide to the Zr(IV)-bound enolate was accompanied by a heterolytic O-O bond cleavage, and (3) the formation of hydrogen bond between the amine hydrogen atom(s) of the salan ligand and the hydroxy group of cumene hydroperoxide was significant for stabilizing the stereocontrolled transition state and improving the enantioselectivity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.